Matt Dupee at Afgha.com has an excellent article on the dissolution of Hezb-i-Islami, Gulbuddin Hekmatyar’s terrorist group. Well worth the read in that it is more fuel to the theory that the Jihad is running out of gas.
Other examples of desperation besides the infighting of Hezb-i-Islami:
- Taliban and AQ paying triple and quadruple the going rate for mercenaries, and not finding enough.
- Kidnapping of Students to use as Jihadi’s
- Opening new fronts (India, Turkey most recently) in vain hope to gain recruits
- The summer offensive that still hasn’t materialized
- Fighting between factions across the Islamic extremist fronts
- Multiple “leaders” each trying to recruit
- Multiple assassinations and infiltrations between groups